Monday 16 February 2015

Crochet Rock covers- a super quick cute crochet project.

Coral pebbles free crochet pattern- these pebbles are perfect weights for the tablecloth and napkins - they make pretty paperweights on my desk too!Whilst meandering around Pinterest I came upon this cute crochet project from onechurchillsgreen.typepad.com, and it made me think about a rock that we have had on display in our living room for a number of years.
This is the rock in question:

Doesn't look very interesting right? But what makes our little rock different is that my Husband and I found it whilst walking on a beach many moons ago (11-12 years ago? A long time anyway.. :) ) And what made this rather boring looking rock special enough to pick up and keep for all these years is that it is in fact two rocks.. well, two halves of one rock that still fit together perfectly, and the romantics that we are have kept it, because we are two halves of one rock that fit together perfectly. 


Ok, enough of that... bleurgh :-p

So with the post from onechurchillsgreen as inspiration I grabbed a hook, a couple of oddments of dk yarn and whipped up a couple of crochet covers. 


I didn't use a pattern, I just went with the flow, making chains and doing a variety of single and double crochet stitches until I came up with a lacy pattern that pleased me. I happy with the two slightly different patterns, one like a sea urchin and one with a flowery pattern.




The underside of the rocks have a mesh pattern on them to hold it in place, again I just did a variety of chain and single crochet stitches until it held securely in place and then fastened off.


And here are my rocks on display on my fireplace.





A little more interesting to look at than before and it probably took me a total of 15 minutes to whip up.

Have you made any quick and satisfying projects?

L x


3 comments:

  1. Very cute rocks, it reminded me of the Shirley Hughes story 'Alfie goes to the beach'! Great blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment. I'm ridiculously excited aa you are the first person to comment and although I am blogging for pleasure it is lovely to see I'm not talking to myself. Thanks again x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete